There are actually two things in my mind that I wanted to include in this blog, but since I didn’t have enough time to write 2 different blogs, I thought of clubbing them both together. One, I saw the movie “The Social Network” on Monday night and two, today is the last day of classes in this first module.
Monday evening, I had a some free tickets with me for a movie that night called “the social network”. I got those free tickets for volunteering in a net impact club activity. So, I decided to take a break from my daily chores and enjoy the movie with a few friends. The movie was about facebook, on how the idea came up and was developed. Another thing the movie concentrated is on the people involved in the development of the idea and ironically, they ended up suing each other. I loved the way the idea was developed and it resembled quite very much of how “Hobbies n You” was developed. Although HNU is no facebook, it was inspiring to see a few similarities in the development aspects of facebook and in HNU especially when they were working on creating a USP. And I recommend you all to watch this movie, even if you were not part of HNU. Focus on the exclusivity part they tried to bring in the development of facebook. To me, what I enjoyed during the entire HNU episode was the ways we tried about making an idea come to life, all on our own. It might not have been a genius but it certainly was indigenous. And it often makes me think, when there is so much satisfaction in just what we have done, how wonderful it could have been, if we were to take it further.
Second, today is the last day of our classes of our first module. That means I wouldn’t have any more of quant, Accounting and Organizational Behavior class and I will have to take exams next week. On top of these, there is a lot of pressure to get a internship. I was enjoying the bliss of being back to school and suddenly all of these come pounding. Its like you were enjoying a nice little early morning dream and suddenly someone wakes you up.
There are numerous philosophies developed on a train and I’ve heard people sharing a train example for explaining some of the philosophies they believe. One of the most resounding example was from Satish Jayaraman from Cognizant. He said that his life is like a train, like many passengers who get in and get out, but the train goes on… etc. The train examples have been so much of a cliché that many-a-times when something ends and something else is going to begin, I feel like I’m travelling in a train. Yesterday, on our final OB class, after the lecture, I went to my professor, shook his hands and told him that it was a pleasure to be in his class. He said that he appreciate that and handed out a piece of paper calling it as a “parting gift”. I took a glance at the paper and the first line that I read was… “We are travelling in a train.” I was like “oh no, not again!”. Here is the parting gift he had for us. I like it, hope you will too!
Dude, I loved the parting gift. A great read.
ReplyDeleteSo, you got back HNY memories. Its good to remember that once we tried to do a thing and did it decent enough till the time we did it. It's sad that it had to die because I still believe it is a kickass concept.
No regrets! We got the distance we could. Next time we do something we will see it through and make it as big as it deserves to be.
All the very best for your exams. :)